Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) involves the precise placement of carefully prepared sperm into the uterus during the fertile window. IUI is a less invasive and cost-effective alternative to more complex fertility treatments, offering a promising way to enhance your chances of achieving the dream of starting or expanding your family.
1. Ovulation Tracking: Your menstrual cycle is monitored closely to predict ovulation. This may involve using ovulation predictor kits or ultrasounds.
2. Sperm Collection and Preparation: On the day of the procedure, a semen sample is collected from the male partner or a sperm donor. The sample is then processed in the lab to concentrate and prepare the healthiest sperm.
3. Insemination: During your fertile window, a thin catheter is used to gently place the prepared sperm directly into your uterus. This minimizes the distance the sperm needs to travel to reach the egg.
4. Rest and Recovery: Following the procedure, you’ll rest for a short period and then can return to your normal activities.
5. Pregnancy Test: In the following two weeks, A pregnancy test is typically done to confirm whether the procedure was successful.